This department is one of the most senior departments in the school. It was created with the aim of promoting academic performance in the school. The department comprises the Principal, The Deputy Principal in charge of Academics who is normally the Chairman, a Secretary, The school Dean and all H.O.D.’s.
The department has established workable programmes targeting all levels of students to meet its objectives. They include:
- Academic clinic days where parents, teachers and students discuss individual and class performance.
- Extra teaching and supplementary exams for students who do not meet certain set cut off ie C- for Form III and IV , and C for Form 1 and II.
- Grouping students into their levels of ability to cater for individual differences. The groups (Batallions) have a troop leader (a teacher).
- Setting school, class and individual targets and encourage students to work towards meeting their targets.
- Recognition of high achievers through various types of reinforcement.
The department holds regular meeting and may at times discuss with various subject or class teachers on matters affecting their specific areas. Since its inception in 2009, the school has eliminated the lower grades and improved in quality grades. It is the vision of the Department to tape the school to higher heights of academic excellence.
MRS A. GICHEMA