Following a generous donation of land by chief Wambugu wa Muigua,a preparation for change of site started in 1958 in its current location. The site was described as’ dry scrub land’ which was next to to the very dusty Sagana - Kiganjo road used by army trucks which made a lot of noise. The school relocated to the new site in 2nd term 1960 under the leadership of rev Melhuish, inadequate housing made the staff to commute from Gatitu and lack of laboratories meant that science students had to travel to Gatitu once a week for the use of Kagumo college laboratories.
The then headmaster Rev.Melhuish oversaw the construction of some structures still in use today using timber off cuts most no-table the assembly hall. From primary school with 96 students in 1933,to a junior secondary school wand full secondary school in 1948 and a national school with 1000 plus students in 2012,the Kagumo has grown from strength to strength.
Kagumo has strong alumni who have impacted on development of the country in many ways.
Gentlemen of consolidated intellect
To provide students with high quality education through effective guidance and teaching in order to produce exemplary leaders.
Values and principles
The mission and vision achievements will be guided by the following values and principles
- Fear of God
- Self esteem