Kagumo high school was established on date 2nd January 1933 as a primary school at Gatitu Nyeri where Kagumo teachers college was locatedIts purpose was to develop trainable artisans for native African training depot.it catered for Africans as they were excluded from white schools.in 1944 ,a college section was eventually started under Rev lockhart. In 1948 the school had developed a junior secondary school and eventually to a fully secondary school with 18 students sitting for their Cambridge school certificate in1951.all the 18 students passed and joined Makerere University College.
Following a generous donation of land by chief Wambugu wa Muigua,a preparation for change of site started in 1958 in its current location.the site was desscibed as’ dry scrub land’ which was next to to the very dusty Sagana Kiganjo road used by army trucks which made a lot of noise.the school relocated to the new site in 2nd term 1960 under the leadership of rev Melhuish,inadequate housing made the staff to commute from Gatitu and lack of laboratories meant that sciencestudents had to travel to Gatitu once a week for the use of Kagumo college laboratories.
The then headmaster Rev.Melhuish oversaw the construction of some structures still in use today using timber off cuts most no-table the assembly hall.from primary school with 96 students in 1933,to a junior secondary school wand full secondary school in 1948 and a national school with 1000 plus students in 2012,the Kagumo has grown from strength to strength.
Kagumo has strong alumni who have impacted on development of the country in many ways.
Gentlemen of consolidated intellect
To provide students with high quality education through effective guidance and teaching in order to produce exemplary leaders.
Values and principles
The mission and vision achievements will be guided by the following values and principles
v Fear of God
v Self esteem